COVID-19 (Coronavirus) vs Influenza (flu)
Both Influenza and COVID-19 are respiratory diseases with similar symptoms. However, they are caused by two different viruses.
Canwinn Foundation is sharing some similarities and differences between Coronavirus and the flu:
Signs of both diseases are the same:
- body aches,
- high body temperature,
- shortness of breath,
- And, in some cases, diarrhea.
- Just like the flu, COVID-19’s virus can survive in both hot and humid weather as well as in cold and dry climates. Therefore, the temperature does not affect it.
- Both viruses can be transferred by direct contact, droplets, and materials that can carry infection such as clothes, utensils, surfaces, and furniture.
- Critical cases can lead to pneumonia and even death.
- Influenza can be countered by taking a flu vaccine that is readily available every year.
- But unfortunately, COVID-19 does not have a vaccine but clinical trials are ongoing. It might take time for a COVID-19 vaccine to be granted safe for medical use.
- Efforts to control the spread of COVID-19 include frequent hand washing, quarantine, and travel ban.
- As the medically approved vaccine for the novel coronavirus is absent, people are encouraged to follow precautionary measures. It is recommended to avoid getting infected and alleviate the further extent of the infection.
Both novel coronavirus and the flu virus can spread through person to person contact.
Tiny droplets containing the viruses can pass from an infected person to someone else. It enters through the nose, eyes, and mouth by coughing and sneezing.
Corona Virus settles on the surface. However, The WHO does not conclude the exact time of its stay, but it could be days.
According to the CDC, the flu virus can be transferred between people who are under 6 feet distance. Therefore, it has been suggested to maintain 6 feet distance fro others.
According to the World Health Organization, the speed of transmission varies among the two viruses.
The flu symptoms appear sooner, plus it can spread faster than the Corona virus.
The organization also indicates that people with flu can pass the virus on before showing any signs. Similarly, a person can also pass on the Corona Virus infection even if they have no symptoms.
In addition, there is a difference in the transmission of both the viruses between children and adults.
World Health Organization confirmed that the transmission of the flu from children to adults is normal. Whereas, on the early data basis, it appears that it is more usual for adults to pass the Corona infection onto children. Also, Children are less likely to develop symptoms.
Important Contact details:
Now you can Whats app on MYGOV CORONA HELPDESK +91-9013151515 for any queries related to Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19. Your queries will be resolved in real-time with automated responses.
Helpline Number Toll-free: 1075
Helpline Email ID: ncov2019[at]gov[dot]in OR
Check when you should get tested �
Quarantine if advised
Please maintain social distance to help yourself and your family stay safe.
Find below the List of districts reporting COVID-19 cases �
Isolation of persons traveling from affected countries or places for at least 14 days
Please watch the videos by Director, AIIMS – Delhi to learn and clear your doubts on Coronavirus �
Coronavirus infection can be prevented through the following means �
✔ Clean hand with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub
✔ Cover nose and mouth when coughing & sneezing with a tissue or flexed elbow
✔ Avoid close contact & maintain 1-meter distance with anyone who is coughing or sneezing
For further details, contact Canwinn Foundation!
Whatapp : +919990597541
email : firstname.lastname@example.org