It also known as Shingles. Herpes zoster is a painful skin rash. It is caused by reactivation of the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox.Reactivation of varicella-zoster virus (VZV) that has remained dormant within dorsal root ganglia, often for decades after the patient’s initial exposure to the virus in the form of varicella (chickenpox), results in herpes zoster (shingles)
- Burning sensation
Home Remedies –
- Essential oils such as chamomile oil, eucalyptus oil and tea tree oil that may help with skin irritation.
- Holding cool cloths or compresses against the rash site may assist in relieving itchiness and reducing inflammation.
- Use of witch hazel to reduce inflammation and itchiness.
- Use of colloidal oatmeal in a cool baith to help relieve pain and itchiness.
- Gentiana scabra for pain relief.
- Use of vitamin supplements such as vitamin C and vitamin D.
- Pain relief and antiviral medication such as aciclovir or valaciclovir.
- Chickenpox vaccine in childhood or a shingles vaccine as an adult can minimise the risk of developing shingles.
- Aluminum acetate.
- Oral administration of corticosteroid which reduces the pain.
- The use of tricyclic antidepressants such as Amitriptyline and Nortriptyline or anticonvulsants such as phenytoin (Dilantin), carbamazepine (Tegretol) and gabapentin (Neurontin) to control neuropathic pain.
Ayurvedic treatment –
- Several herbs are used for herpes such as Turmeric (haldi), Indian Sandlewood, Garlic, Lotus, Red octive, Azadirachta indica, Glycyrrhiza glabra.
- Internal medicines for herpes such as Ahifen, Guduchi Kwath, Gandhak rasayan, Chandraputi praval.
- Yogasanas for herpes such as Balasana, Viparit Karani and Supra Baddha Konasana.
Instagram :- https://www.instagram.com/canwinnofficial
For more Herpes-Zoster problem solution contact to canwinn polyclinic Gurugram. You can call us@ 965400098 or chat with our top consultants.