5 homemade remedies for chickenpox- Canwinn Foundation
Chickenpox is a far worse condition than it sounds. This viral infection comprises severe itching and flu-like symptoms that make you weak. To prevent the disease, a varicella vaccine has been established. Further, the treatment involves symptoms management until your body fights off the infection.
Chickenpox is a common disease among children. Therefore, we are sharing some homemade remedies for chickenpox that will help you manage the symptoms and get you some relief.
1)Utilize calamine lotion
Applying Calamine lotion can help you alleviate the itching. Further, this lotion is loaded with skin-soothing properties, including zinc oxide that is considered to be beneficial in chickenpox.
Take a small amount of calamine lotion on fingertips and spread it on the itchy area. However, do not use calamine lotion under your eyes’ skin.
2) Serve sugar-free popsicles
Unsurprisingly, chickenpox can arise inside the mouth and causes pain and uncomfortability. To treat this, you can use sugar-free popsicles in order to soothe mouth sores.
3) Bathe in oatmeal
Oatmeal baths can be very beneficial during chickenpox to relieve itching. As per the sources, oatmeal baths do not spread chickenpox from one area to another. Oatmeal products can be taken from most of the drugstores or you can make your own oatmeal bath. To prepare the bath, get:
- Take one cup of oatmeal and grind them in a food processor. Get one bucket of warm water that can suit the body temperature. Put one tablespoon ground oatmeal into a glass of warm water and see if the oats are absorbing the water and turning the water into milky effect. This effect suggests that the oatmeal is perfectly grounded.
- After preparing all this, put the oatmeal’s in the warm water bucket and soak for 15-20 minutes.
Have an oatmeal bath and soothe the chickenpox attacked skin.
4) Prevent scratching
It is strongly recommended that you should not scratch your blisters no matter how tempting it may seem. Scratching can worsen the condition and expose the skin to infection. It is not possible always to prevent it, especially at night to stop our hands. To prevent this, you can put mittens or soft socks over the hands. Also, you can trim your nails.
5) Take baking soda baths
Baking soda can also relive the skin itching. Therefore, add 1 cup baking soda in the lukewarm water and let it absorb in the water. Use this water for bathing and relieving the itching.
6) Use chamomile compresses
Chamomile tea is another beneficial home remedy for chickenpox. It could soothe the itching issues with its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, use at least three chamomile bags and put them in the warm water. Use this water on itchy areas with the help of cotton pads or wash clothes. Gently dry the skin with a clean cloth.
7) Pain relievers
You can take the pain relievers recommended by Doctor. Avoid taking random medicines during chickenpox recovery.
To manage some of the symptoms of chickenpox, you can use oral antihistamines like diphenhydramine (Benadryl).
How to identify if you are suffering from chickenpox?
You can notice some symptoms of Chickenpox like:
- Sudden fever (mild to moderate)
- Back pain
- Loss of appetite
Who are at the highest risk of chickenpox?
Chickenpox is a disease that can be severe in one person or can be mild in another. It depends on individuals and various other factors:
- Newborns: Infants are the most vulnerable to chickenpox if the mother of the child was infected with the varicella-zoster virus during pregnancy.
- Pregnant women.
- Immunocompromised group of individuals: The people who are suffering from certain diseases such as HIV are at higher risk of getting chickenpox. In addition, those who are undergoing cancer treatment might easily get infected with varicella-zoster virus.
For more home remedies to treat various health conditions, contact Canwinn Foundation!