How to reduce creatinine level
During muscle metabolism, a waste chemical product gets produced from creatine called as Creatinine. It is not an uncommon issue because it takes place in every human body and simply this chemical gets discharged from the body through the urine. When some of the health problems interfere with this process, harmful amounts of creatinine gets produced. Therefore, today we are going to discuss how to reduce creatinine levels in our body.
Perhaps, we have some ways that can diminish your creatinine levels like diet to lower creatinine.
What are the symptoms of high creatinine level?
Symptoms of high creatinine level are as follows:
- Reduced urine output
- Darkened color of urine
- Swelling on the face, around the eyes, or on feet
- Back pain or waist pain
- Fatigue, lethargy
- Low fever
- Loss of appetite
- Confused or disoriented
- Difficulty in breathing
- Itchy skin
What are the causes of increased creatinine levels?
Some of the main causes of increased creatinine levels are:
- Dehydration or inadequate water consumption
- Insufficient amount of rest or extreme tiredness
- ACE inhibitors
- Some urine deformities like hematuria, proteinuria
- Drugs containing renal toxicity leads to high creatinine levels
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Thyroid patients
- Excessive blood loss
- Kidney patients
- Excessive exercise along with intake of creatine as a dietary supplement can increase high creatinine levels
How to reduce creatinine levels?
1) Drink Lots of Water
To prevent dehydration, you should a lot of water daily. As we have mentioned before dehydration can increase creatinine levels, and thus, consuming enough fluids can prevent this condition. In other words, when you will drink a lot of water, you will urinate on time and time where all the toxins like creatinine will flush out.
2) Limit Your Protein Intake
Metabolic reactions are the cause of creatinine build-up. And thus, these reactions can be caused by the protein. When the protein goes into your body, it breaks down into amino acids which can become the cause of increased creatinine level.
Therefore, when you take a higher amount of protein it eventually increases creatinine in the blood. You should consider limiting high protein foods like poultry, fish, milk, meat, and cheese to lower creatinine levels.
3) Cut down on Sodium Consumption
When you consume sodium in excessive amounts, it leads to less frequent urination. And hence, it is the cause of increased creatinine levels.
So, do not consume junk food, fatty foods, and heavily processed items.
4) Dodge High Potassium and Phosphorus
Kidney patients should dodge the foods that contain a high amount of potassium and phosphorus.
5) Increase Your Fiber Intake
Some studies have found that fiber intake can help you with excessive creatinine problem.
So, include foods that are rich in fiber like:
- Nuts and seeds
- Whole grains
6) Do not take Creatine Supplements
Extra creatine can be very harmful because it can throw too much pressure on our kidneys. Even this can cause heart issues or muscle cramps. If you are looking for how to control the creatinine level, stop taking creatine supplements.
Home Remedies that will help reduce creatinine level
After starting the home remedies, you will notice a decrease in creatinine levels. Check below some of the natural herbs:
- Nettle Leaf: Consume supplements of nettle leaves or use it in a tea.
- Dandelion Root: Drinking dandelion root tea can help you control creatinine.
- Chamomile Tea: Chamomile tea is already very beneficial for many health problems.
- Barley Water: To use this, you will have to boil one-liter water with one cup of barley in it. Stain this water to drink. Or you can use barley flour in your daily diet.
- Corn Silk: Take a cup, add dried corn silk in it. Now, pour boiling water and keep it aside for fifteen minutes. Drink this three times a day.
- Cinnamon: Add this miraculous herb to your meals, smoothies, cereals, baked goods, etc.
Please Note: Before taking any herb daily, you must check if you are not allergic to them or having certain diseases. Some herbs can worsen the existing disease.
More foods to reduce creatinine level:
- Green Tea.
- Stinging Nettle.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid.
- Red Bell Peppers.
- Chinese Rhubarb.
Stay connected with the Canwinn foundation to keep your health and body on track!