What to eat in malaria? Healthy foods for consumption during illness
Malaria is a disease caused by the Plasmodium parasite that can be life-threatening especially if not treated on time. The malaria treatment targets on removing Plasmodium parasites from the bloodstream.
The diet plays an important role to heal the sick patient of malaria. Therefore, we are going to discuss what to eat in malaria so, one can recover faster.
If you want to know how to recover fast from malaria, you should remember:
- Your body must hold enough nutrients so it can fight against pathogens.
- You should consume an adequate amount of fluids like electoral water, coconut water, sugarcane juice, etc.
- As far as possible, avoid a high amount of fats like cream, butter, cheese, etc. Take them in a light amount. Consuming excessively can interfere in your digestion that is not a normal sign during malaria.
- Similarly, avoid high fiber foods, processed meat, caffeinated beverages, oily and spicy food.
- For fast recovery, consume cereals, pulses, honey, sugar, fluid intake, and steamed food, stew, etc.
In conclusion, it is essential to maintain a proper diet so you can fight the disease like malaria. This kind of disease accompanies weakness which needs to be cover by eating healthy foods.
Therefore, Canwinn Foundation has created a diet plan for malaria patients. Know what diet should be followed during a disease like malaria.
Diet for malaria patient – What Food Should Take & Avoid During Malaria?
Proficiently, Canwinn is sharing below the diet in malaria that you must follow:
Eat Nutritious Foods
A malaria patient requires more calories and nutrition due to the impact of the disease which is called BMR or Body Metabolic Rate. Malaria sick person’s body temperature rises, which makes it important to take extra calories.
- Eat a diet rich in carbohydrate
- Prefer rice over wheat
- Eat lots of fruits like sweet lime, papaya, orange, grapes, berries
- Eat vegetable salads like carrots, beetroot
Increase Fluid Intake
It is normal that a person might experience appetite loss during fever. Food consumption literally becomes a challenge and hence, you end up ignoring the food. So, you can consider taking extra fluids to cover up the lost energy due to less eating.
Include drinks like:
- Fresh fruit juices
- Glucose water
- Electoral water
- Coconut water
- A sorbet made with lemon, salt, sugar, and water
- Use boiled or sterilized water in fluids
- Consume fluids in every way like juices, milkshake, rice water, soup, stew, pulse water, etc.
- Daily intake of fluid is recommended min. 3 to 3.5 liters
Which juice is good for malaria? What to eat in malaria?
The juices that can offer instant energy like glucose, sugarcane juice, coconut water, fruit juice, and electoral water are good for malaria.
Increase Protein Intake
If you are looking for how to recover fast from malaria you must also increase your protein intake. When a person gets sick from malaria, he/she loses many tissues. The sick person utilizes the protein for anabolic and tissue repair and building process.
You can consume lassi, curd, or buttermilk to yield some benefits. In addition, protein-rich foods support to synthesize immune bodies. This eventually helps to fight off the parasites.
- High protein food sources:
- Fish stew
- Chicken soup
- And pulses in your diet
Eat Fat related foods in Moderation
While consuming fat is important for the human body, it should be taken in moderation. Using a high amount of dairy fats like cream, butter, and fats from milk products interfere with digestion. Moreover, fat in abundance can cause nausea and loose bowels. So rather, you can opt for Omega 3 fats that help in decreasing inflammation.
Food to avoid during malaria
When you are suffering from malaria, you must know what food to avoid during malaria:
Do not consume high fiber foods like whole-grain cereals and fruits with thick skins.
As far as possible, avoid junk foods like burger and pizza, spicy foods, oily foods, fried foods, and pickles.
When you are suffering from malaria, do not take tea, coffee, cake, cocoa, pastries, and all caffeinated items. Stay in connection with Canwinn Foundation and contact us if you are looking for the treatment, medicine, or Doctor’s consultation!
Also Read: Health Benefits of holy tulsi- Wellness tips